EEFC, Inc. is an independent company licensed to market and distribute travel products under the "BMIT" brand name, and arrange for the vacation services offered herein. Once confirmed, the purchase of any travel services offered by EEFC, Inc. under the "BMIT" brand names constitutes a contractual agreement between you and EEFC, Inc. (referred to throughout this document as "BMIT"), and represents your acceptance of these terms and conditions set out herein (the "Terms and Conditions"). Please ensure that you read carefully and understand these Terms and Conditions prior to booking. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change and you are advised to check our website or to request the latest version of the Terms and Conditions from BMIT prior to booking your vacation.
- Quotes are valid for 14 days and may have to be re-priced after that time.
- All rates quoted by BMIT for services are in US Dollars, NET, non-commissionable and include a cash payment discount (unless otherwise specified in this quote) and are inclusive of all applicable taxes at the rates in force at time of confirmation. Payments by credit card are accepted but forfeit the cash discount.
- Tips and gratuities to service providers are not included unless otherwise specified in this quote.
- Currency Fluctuations: For Europe (on the GBP or EUR), we adjust exchange rates the first of every month. The currency rate will be locked in at time of deposit, but prior to the initial deposit this rate is subject to change. For non-Europe, if currency fluctuates more than 3%, BMIT reserves the right at any time (including after the initial deposit) to amend the quotation or charge a surcharge to the booking as needed.
- If there are major itinerary changes after the initial deposit, the currency rate may be subject to change.
- Airfare taxes and fuel surcharges are subject to change without notice until paid in full and air tickets issued. All increases or pricing adjustments will be notified to you in writing as soon as BMIT is aware of the adjustment. You are liable to pay the exact fuel surcharge and tax cost at the time of the final invoice.
- Child Reduction Rates: Infants are considered to be 0-23 months; children are considered to be 2-11 yrs at time of travel. There are some child discounts available, but this varies by hotel and airline.
- Included in the Rates: Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $10 per person, Passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $3.50 per segment.
- Not Included in the Rates: U.S. and International arrival and departure, and other government imposed fees up to $300 per person. Port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your tour director, host, driver, local guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel or restaurant); optional excursions; airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; porterage at airports and train stations; travel insurance premiums; carrier baggage fees; and all other items of a personal nature.
CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT:
- A $500 non-refundable, non-transferable group booking deposit is required to request and initiate bookings.
- An airline deposit is due upon air confirmation. Typically the air deposit is $100-$200 per seat, but varies by airline and itinerary. In some cases a deposit may be required prior to confirmation for travel that is already within penalty. Air deposits are refundable per your group's Confirmations & Deadlines sheet.
- Additional deposits and pre-payments may be required prior to your group's final payment (e.g. theater tickets or hotel pre-payments during peak times). You will be notified in writing of any required payments and terms in writing as soon as BMIT is aware of this requirement.
- Deposits paid will be deducted from your final invoice.
- Payments to BMIT shall be made in US Dollars & shall be received by BMIT no less than 60 days prior departure.
- If a passenger wishes to make payment directly to BMIT, they may do so by check, money order, or by completing and faxing the credit card form that we provide to the group leader.
- Late payments will incur a minimum $50 fee and may result in the non-refundable cancellation of some or all services booked.
- The sender is responsible for all bank fees incurred in connection with the transfer of funds or payment of checks.
- Payment can be made by Agency Check, Cashier's Check, Money Order, Wire transfer, or Credit Card.
- For bookings made within 100 days, payment restrictions might apply for bookings with airfare under immediate penalty.
- For bookings made within 70 days prior to departure, final payment is required to book space in the form of a Cashier's Check, Credit Card, or Wire transfer.
- A $35 fee will be charged for all checks returned for insufficient payment.
- A purchase is not complete until the payment of any deposit and any other monies due and payable have been processed by BMIT and a confirmation of booking has been sent. Receipt of confirmation from BMIT constitutes agreement to these Terms & Conditions.
- Despite BMIT's best efforts, certain items offered on this website may be mispriced and if an item's correct price is higher than their stated price, BMIT will, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions before confirming your order or cancel your order with notification.
- Hotels mentioned in proposal are samples only.
- Hotel accommodation is subject to availability at the time of reservation.
- If BMIT is unable to confirm the sample hotel(s) listed in our quotation, we will attempt to secure space at a similar hotel of equal standard and cost. In the event a similar hotel is not available, a supplement may apply.
- Some hotels require non-refundable and non-transferable deposits in order to guarantee a booking. In such cases, BMIT will notify the tour organizer in writing and require non-refundable prepayment for that portion of the package.
- At certain times during the year many places have conventions, fairs, events, or holidays. During such periods, if BMIT in unable to secure space within the quoted price, a supplement may apply.
- Single, triple, and quad rooms are not guaranteed in all properties and should be requested at time of booking. Room configurations vary and King and Queen sized beds are not typically available in standard rooms outside of the USA.
- All rooms are standard run of the house rooms, unless otherwise stated.
- Special requests such as elevators, air conditioning, etc are not guaranteed in all properties. In addition, even if a property has amenities such as air conditioning or elevator, it is not guaranteed that it will be operational during your stay.
- Baggage handling can be coordinated at most (but not all) hotels and will incur an additional fee, unless listed in your final quote inclusions. Due to narrow streets, buses are not always able to park in front of the hotel. In this case, passengers may have to walk a short distance with their bag to the hotel.
- We strongly recommend travel insurance; please inquire for details.
- All necessary entrance documents (such as passports, visas, etc.) for each country in the group itinerary are the responsibility of the group leader and/or individual passengers.
- Passports should be valid for 6 months beyond your return date.
- Exit taxes or fees must be paid by each passenger locally and are not part of the package (unless otherwise advised).
- All passenger questions, group arrangements, deviations, and details of the group must go through the group leader or travel agent who is coordinating the group with BMIT.
- All changes, requests or booking requirements should be sent in writing.
- Please notify BMIT in advance should any passengers require special accommodation (such as dietary needs or disabilities).
- Final passenger and rooming list is typically due 70 days prior to departure.
- Names exactly as they appear on the passengers' passport must be provided to BMIT; otherwise, penalties, re-issuing fees or cancellation of airline reservations with full loss of monies paid may apply.
- A group consists of a minimum of 10 full-paying passengers. If a group falls below 10 paying passengers or a cancellation causes the group to fall below a particular pricing category (e.g. 20 to 15 pax), pricing and space will be subject to change or cancellation.
- Free places do not count towards the particular pricing category (e.g. 15-19 pax).
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Many airlines do not allow advance seat assignments for groups. Most airlines secure seat blocks for groups, but do not assign passengers to specific seats until airport check-in. Any special accommodation requests should be advised to BMIT upon submission of group names.
- Frequent flyer miles may sometimes be accrued on group flights (varies by airline), but can never be used for upgrades or free tickets. Passengers who wish to book using their frequent flyer miles will need to book directly with the airline.
- Each passenger must check airline baggage allowances for all flights being taken. Inner-country flights and carriers may have different requirements than your flight departing from the USA. All excess luggage fees are the responsibility of the passenger.
- Services such as theater, rail, certain trains, meals, transfers, river cruises and all other inclusions, with the exception of hotel and air, are booked and purchased upon receipt of final payment. Any pre-payments required will be advised to you in writing.
- The size of your coach (for tours, transfers and touring) will be determined by the number of passengers in your group. The maximum capacity of a coach is typically 48 passengers.
- Coaches can accommodate one medium bag per person. If additional luggage space is needed, please advise us at time of booking. For larger groups, and all groups with an excess of baggage (such as cruise groups), two or more coaches will be used. Supplemental charges may apply.
- Should passengers on the group bring larger or excess luggage, without advance notice to BMIT, which cannot be accommodated on the coach, they will be responsible for arranging and paying for their excess luggage to be transferred to the destination.
- Coaches are not guaranteed to have air conditioning or toilets on-board. If these features are required, please notify us at time of booking. Supplemental charges may apply.
ESCORTED TOURS OR ALLOTMENT SPACE:
- The price quoted is based upon the exact inclusions as specified in your final proposal. Discrepancies between what your group requires and what is specified in our offer should be addressed before confirmation.
- Any major changes or amendments made after initial confirmation are subject to a $50 per person change fee. If there are major changes to the group itinerary and inclusions, the quote may be have to be re-priced.
- If there are major itinerary changes after the initial deposit, the currency rate may be subject to change.
- Any deviations, extensions or requests different from the group booking are subject to a $50 deviation fee per person, plus any difference in airfare and possible fees from service providers.
- Name change fee: $50 minimum, plus any additional fees charged by the airline
- BMIT reserves the right to withdraw any of the unsold blocks on a motorcoach when space is required to satisfy requests for firm bookings.
- In this instance the travel agent will be given the option to guarantee or release all of, or a portion of, the unsold seats.
- In the event the agent agrees to guarantee the unsold seats, the agent must remit the next payment that would be due to BMIT within five business days.
BMIT will confirm bookings, changes and cancellations in writing. Cancellation fees will be charged based on the following schedule, unless otherwise stated on confirmation and deadline sheet.
Entire Group Cancellations
- $500 initial deposit is forfeited, plus other land or service payments as outlined in group confirmation/deadline sheet.
- Airline deposits may be forfeited based on deadline/reduction dates stated in the group confirmation/deadline sheet.
- 60-45 days prior to departure, BMIT will contact land suppliers and attempt to acquire reimbursement. Partial refunds might be given, but are not guaranteed.
- 0-45 days prior to departure: non-refundable.
- Passenger air deposits and payments are refundable as per your group's confirmation and deadline sheet. Cancellations after ticketing are non-refundable.
REFUNDS & ADJUSTMENTS:
- 60 - 31 days prior to departure, $100 minimum per person penalty, plus any non-refundable payments made to vendors on passenger's behalf. Additional costs to be advised as they are received from our vendors.
- 30 - 07 days prior to departure: 85% non-refundable.
- Less than 7 days prior to departure: non-refundable.
- If an individual in the group cancels & causes a roommate to be accommodated in a room for sole occupancy then no refund is given or single supplement may be charged.
RESPONSIBILITIES & LIABILITY: In common with other companies, BMIT acts only as an agent for tour members in arranging accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, admissions, and restaurant reservations as appropriate and agreed in each itinerary. As such, BMIT shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any company or person engaged in conveying the passengers, or otherwise in connection therewith, of any hotel owner, manager or employee.
BMIT does not own or operate, nor is it an agent for any of the firms which will provide goods and services for the trip or for any option which may be available in connection with the trip (including but not limited to optional sightseeing, car rental, etc.) and BMIT has not priced the trip or option to allow BMIT to guarantee against failure of any such firms. Accordingly, participant(s) agree to seek remedies directly with the supplier, and not to hold BMIT or sponsoring organization liable, in the absence of its negligence, for any loss, injury, delay or expense which results directly or indirectly from any action or omission, whether negligent, criminal or otherwise, of any entity providing goods and services for the trip or any available option (e.g. without limitation, the quality of services, cleanliness of a hotel, hotel overbooking or any flight delays). Participant(s) also agree not to hold BMIT or sponsoring organization liable for circumstances beyond its control (e.g. force majeure, terrorism, war, or acts of God). Participant(s) acknowledge that neither BMIT nor its agents have made any representation or promises with the respect to the tour described Herein except as expressly set forth in BMIT literature, unless such agreement is in writing and signed by an officer of BMIT. BMIT accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay, changes, or cancellations in train, bus, ship, airplanes or other services, sickness, weather, war, terrorist acts, strikes, quarantine, or other causes. Baggage is transported at the client's risk throughout the tour.
In consideration of the services and arrangements provided by BMIT, you, for yourself and for your heirs, personal representatives or assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify BMIT, and its owners, officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, lost profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel and any activities conducted in conjunction therewith. YOU SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE RELEASING, DISCHARGING AND WAIVING ANY CLAIMS OR ACTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE PRESENTLY OR IN THE FUTURE FOR THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR CONDUCT OF THE OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS OF BMIT.
ARBITRATION: Any dispute concerning, relating or referring to these Terms and Conditions, your vacation package or any claim for damages due to injury or death which occurs during or in connection with your vacation package shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration according to the then existing rules of the American Arbitration Association in an arbitration conducted in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. Such proceedings will be governed by substantive Washington law. The dispute will be resolved by a single arbitrator who must be a lawyer admitted to practice in the courts of at least one state in the United States and have a minimum of fifteen years of experience in civil litigation. The arbitrator so described will be selected by the American Arbitration Association. Each party to the dispute shall have the right on a single occasion to veto the designation of an arbitrator so selected. There will be judicial review of the arbitrator's decision if either side can show plain error in the application of law or be able to show an abuse of discretion with respect to factual findings. The parties waive the right to rely on any state law or statute which creates an exception to enforcement of the requirement that disputes be resolved pursuant to arbitration in the manner set forth herein. Arbitration against BMIT must be commenced within one year following the date of tour completion. Neither BMIT nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and you hereby waive any right to consequential, punitive or exemplary damages.
EXCLUSIVE GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to conflicts of laws principles. If the right to seek arbitration is for any reason waived by both parties, or if judicial review of any arbitration is sought, any action or legal proceeding arising out of these Terms and Conditions shall be brought exclusively in the courts of the State of Washington, or, if it has or can acquire jurisdiction, in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington or the appropriate appellate courts and the parties hereby waive any objection to venue or jurisdiction in connection therewith.
CONSUMER PROTECTION/SELLER OF TRAVEL: BMIT is a member of the United States Tour Operators Association and is fully covered by its Consumer Protection Plan. As an active member of the USTOA, BMIT is required to post $1 Million with the USTOA. This amount is to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of BMIT's customers in the unlikely event of BMIT's bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business. Complete details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program and a list of affiliates may be obtained by writing to USTOA at 275 Madison Avenue, Suite 2014, New York, New York 10016, or by email to email@example.com or by visiting its website at www.USTOA.com.
EEFC, Inc. is a Registered Seller of Travel in Washington State, # 602-650-317; California Seller of Travel # 2053616-80. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California. EEFC, Inc. is not a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund.
- Claims for refunds and/or adjustments must be made within 45 days of the disputed service ending.
- Full details and documentation must accompany claims.
- Forum for Disputes: The sole and exclusive forum for any unresolved legal claims you may make against BMIT shall be the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington in Seattle, Washington.